Exchanges & Returns
We want you to LOVE any headpiece you purchase from us. We invest a lot of time and money to hand craft the goods you have purchased – so returns and exchanges are kind of a big deal for us. Being an intimate local design studio, we don’t have thousands of hats laying around and sometimes we even hand-craft a headpiece especially to meet your order (how special is that?)! We do understand that sometimes exchanges are needed, but before you shop, we ask that you treat our returns/exchange avenue as a last resort, rather than a “Quick! Buy anything/everything and send back what I don’t use!” scenario. Knowing that, here’s how we can help if something’s NQR:
- For change of mind, a credit note may be issued if an Exchange Request is lodged within 2-days of goods being delivered and the goods are returned to us (i.e. received by us) – unworn, unmarked, undamaged, with original labels in tact & in original undamaged packaging – within 7 days of the original goods being delivered to the buyer (or a collection card is left).
- Refunds will not be issued for change of mind.
- We will endeavour to respond to an Exchange Request within a few hours, however we suggest allowing a full working day (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm) to process a request. Once we have processed an Exchange Request, the buyer will be sent an address to return the original item(s).
- As a credit note may only be issued once goods are returned to us, we encourage returns to be sent via Australia Post’s “Express” service with sign on delivery, or via a courier. Change of mind return/postage costs are the responsibility of the buyer and any future purchase is subject to it’s normal postage costs. We encourage buyers to use adequate protection returning any item to ensure it does not reach us damaged, otherwise a credit note may be refused.
- Once we have received a returned item, it will be inspected thoroughly for signs of use, marks, make-up, damage, original undamaged tags & packaging. As soon as the item passes our quality inspection, we will issue the buyer with a credit note – less original shipping costs. This credit note will be valid for 14-days from that date. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure the credit note is used within the allocated time-frame, otherwise it will expire and can not be used towards a new order nor towards the original item being resent.
- Returned items that do not pass our quality checks will be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense, without a credit note being issued.
- Should a buyer lodge an Exchange Request more than 2 days after the item was delivered, or if the returned goods reach us more than 7-days after the item was originally delivered to the buyer, we may refuse to issue the buyer with a credit note. In this instance, the buyer is responsible for any postage costs required to send the original item back to the buyer.
- Refunds may be issued for faulty items that are reported within 2-days of the item being delivered to the buyer, however refunds will not be issued if the fault is deemed to be the result of rough handling or misuse. Headpieces are delicate and should be treated with care.
- Goods that are damaged in transit or on receipt are not the responsibility of Ford Millinery and will therefore not be repaired, refunded, replaced or exchanged.
- All items sent via post are photographed and documented before sending to ensure that items leave our studio in perfect condition.
When will I receive my goodies?
- EXPRESS: 1-3 working days
- STANDARD: 1-8 working days
We will have your order in the post within 1-2 business days, which allows for processing, hand-crafting, packing and sending. If you select “Express Post” and fall within Australia Post’s “guaranteed next day delivery” areas (please check their website), you should receive your goodies the day after we post it (yippee!). Standard Post will usually reach you within 5 working days after we post. As Australia Post’s website will tell you, “Express” isn’t always the quickest option for some rural areas, so if you have selected “Express Post” and your item arrives with no Express Post sticker – don’t freak out… It’s because we have asked the postie which is the quickest delivery option for you and took the initiative to get her to you STAT!
Full terms & conditions
To view full details of our shipping process, timeframes, terms & conditions click here.
FREE Express Shipping Over $200!
All orders shipped to metro Australian addresses will enjoy FREE Express Shipping on orders $200 and above! These items are sent via Australia Post’s “Express” service and are subject to their delivery terms. Usually goods will reach you within 1-2 days, however some rural areas may need to be a little more patient.
How are shipping costs calculated?
First up, we don’t make a profit on shipping. We want to charge you as LITTLE shipping as possible, so not only do we not charge you for the boxes, packaging and labour costs involved in packaging, we have a fandangled postage calculator on our website that calculates the minimum postage required to get your goods to your door.
Did we miss something? Drop us s line and we will endeavour to answer any question you may have relating to Shipping, Exchanges or Returns! HAPPY SHOPPING, LOVERS!