BUSINESS & PERSONAL ASSISTANT
FORD MILLINERY is Australia’s fastest growing designer headwear & hair accessories label, featured by Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and worn by a plethora of fashion icons and celebrities alike. FORD MILLINERY is a wholesale supplier to a major Australian retailer and a collection of carefully selected boutiques Australia-wide, with an additional local & international retail presence via www.fordmillinery.com.au.
- 30-40 hours per week (flexible for the ideal candidate)
- Tempe (NSW) location
Having recently relocated their Head Office to Sydney (from Melbourne), a VERY RARE opportunity exists for an exceptionally dedicated and results-focused assistant to act as business wing-woman/man to FORD MILLINERY’s Owner & Creative Head, Chantelle Ford. This role is NOT for fluffers… This role is NOT for passers-by… This role is for an individual who is busting at the seams by the genuine prospect of a long-term career with FORD MILLINERY… This role is for an individual who is prepared to put in the hard yards to cement their place as one of FORD MILLINERY’s most influential and valued players – to grow with the business through every success. If this is you, you will love the authentic give & take of this unique opportunity.
- Assist with final relocation tasks such as signage, security, displays etc.
- Researching, negotiating, ordering & managing delivery of materials.
- Personal assistant to the Owner / Creative Head, including managing phone-calls, emails and calendars – business and personal.
- Liaising with 3PL providers and managing internal systems to facilitate wholesale and online sales.
- Assisting in account management and the facilitation of stockist contracts to ensure all details are covered and delivered.
- General office & administrative duties such as phone and email management.
- Ensuring customer service processes and standards are exceptional.
- Assisting with planning & facilitating sales strategies when required, such as lead generation, cold-calling, face-to-face meetings, preparing sales material and account management.
- Creative input into design and strategic business choices.
- Maintaining and update eCommerce WordPress website.
- Liaising with third-party suppliers and contractors to ensure smooth operations across tech, design, sales and marketing efforts.
- Accounting support, such as invoicing, data entry, managing expenses and accounts.
- Coordinating visual communications such as fashion shoots, product shoots, marketing materials etc.
- Providing and implementing system processes and improvements.
- Managing general studio appearance.
- Assisting in the recruitment of interns, employees and freelancers when necessary.
- Possible assistance in designing and/or constructing products – subject to your ability and desire to do so.
- Managing quality control of all materials coming in and all final products going out.
YOUR KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- You have a minimum 2-years experience in wholesale, personal assistance and/or fashion – OR – you have a mind-blowing ability to convince us why your lack of experience is worth backing.
- You are fundamentally an honest and hard-working individual who takes absolute pride in your work, your character and how you combine and deliver the two.
- You love a team environment where your input is valued and you are trusted to deliver the goods. You would never jeopardise that trust or discount yourself by cutting corners or delivering anything other than your absolute best in everything you do.
- You have the ability to power through autonomously, but you also know when it’s time to speak up for guidance or ruffle feathers.
- You have a solid understanding of the sales process… Lead generation, cold-calling, face to face meetings, negotiations, closing and account management.
- You have excellent judgement & self-discipline to manage your time effectively. You know when a task is no longer profitable for the business and it’s time to move to the next.
- You’re a planner. You have today down to the minute, you know what orders are due for delivery next Tuesday, you know what fashion events are in September, you’ve scheduled a planning session with Ford Millinery’s owner for 10:15am tomorrow to discuss our involvement in that event and you’ve scheduled a reminder for her to be at that meeting.
- You have the passion to share your ideas, the confidence to power on if they are shut down, the guts to speak up when you think you have a better idea and the respect to facilitate the ideas of others.
- You have enviable analytical skills… You can conduct detailed research like a boss and compile the information quickly and succinctly to make (or assist others in making) the best possible decision for the business.
- You are a team player and genuinely crave success in the business for yourself and for your work crew.
- Your attention to detail is insane, but you don’t get stuck in the detail… You are a doer, not a daydreamer.
- A professional and polite phone manner & the ability to listen and respond appropriately to customer enquiries/requests.
- You love variety and to some degree the unknown. One day you may be counting stock, the next you may be researching packaging, the next you are organising a fashion shoot and the next you are helping with sales.
- You have a bright and positive “can do” attitude.
- You have excellent communicative skills, written & verbally.
- You have a love of fashion and/or design.
- You have incredible people skills.
- You thrive in potentially stressful environments where everything needs doing at once.
YOU ARE A BOSS AT:
- Google Drive
- Pages (or Word)
- Possessing a driver’s licence
WE’D LOVE TO KNOW IF YOU ARE ALSO GOOD AT:
- Photoshop (or another design tool)
- Making things with your hands
- Any other languages apart from English (although that is important too)
- Google Analytics
- Social Media Management (Instagram mostly)
- Making healthy delicious snacks for us at work… Okay, that’s not as important 😉
Before you apply, we ask you take a moment and consider what YOU really want. We encourage you to be authentic, transparent and tell us what YOU want in terms of short-term, long-term, dream area of focus (assistant, business, design, sales, marketing etc) hours per week etc. Do you want to run your own label one day? Do you want a flexible job to look after your kids? Be brave. Be real. Please forward COVER LETTER and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “BUSINESS ASSISTANT APPLICATION”.
- THREE internships available: Design & Construction, Fashion Business & PR/Marketing
- 3-month internship, 3-days per week
- Paid in experience & prospect of permanent paid position after 3-months
An opportunity exists for a small selection of exceptionally talented university graduates (or near-graduates) to secure a very real position in the impossible-to-access Fashion Industry. Over a 3-month period, FORD MILLINERY will empower three bright and motivated interns with hands-on knowledge of the wholesale fashion industry, with an opportunity at the completion of the internship to apply for a paid position as part of the FORD MILLINERY team. Successful candidates will be working directly with FORD MILLINERY Owner & Creative Head, Chantelle Ford.
You will not be merely a coffee runner… We are a small team and only have room for driven individuals who truly want to participate in meaningful fashion business activities and carve a career for themselves.
- Recently studied or currently studying in the field of fashion, design, business, commerce, PR or marketing.
- Passion for fashion.
- High academic scores in High School / University
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability to prioritise projects and multi-task.
- Confident, organised, self starter
- Strong Excel and numerical skills
- Interest in a fashion career in either design/construction, business or PR/Marketing.
- Ability to commit to 3-days per week (weekdays) for 3 months.
Please forward your CV & Cover Letter to chantelle[at]fordmillinery[dot]com[dot]au specifying which field you are most interested in (Design/Construction, Fashion Business or PR/Marketing).